Q: I want to know how to silence the seat belt alarm.

asked by on December 26, 2016

I have 2016 promaster city I want to know how to silence the seat belt alarm. I have a 2014 ram pickup and all you have to do is unplug and plug the seat belt three times in 10 sec. but it don’t work on my promaster

Hi there. The seat belt alarm is a safety device in the car to let the driver or the front passenger that their seat belt is not on. If the alarm is tripping on it own with the seat belt connected, then the seat belt sensor is damaged and not working. The alarm cannot be disabled or bypassed. If you need further assistance with your seat belts alarm, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.