Q: When I switch on the vents the cabin starts smelling

See above please

3. When I switch on the vents the cabin starts smelling

Q: After shop replaced my starter on 330ci bmw, my car is in limp mode

Hi. More than likely there is a fuse blown causing the car to be in limp mode. This could have happened when they reconnected the battery or when things were removed to get to the starter. The shop will always...

Q: Heater valve stuck.

The heater control valve is mounter under the hood on this vehicle. The valve should be closed when the temperature is set to cold for the rear a/c system. The recommendation would be to have a qualified mechanic check for...

Q: I unknowingly drove my car for the last 5,000 miles without an air filter, what potential damage has been done?

I do believe that no serious damage would have occurred. The air filter is made to prevent any leaves or other debris from entering the engine. However, due to the design of many newer intake systems, the debris would likely...