Q: When I'm getting gas, car won't start unless I pump the gas.

When you stop to get gas, it's hard to start you have to pump the gas

Hi, thanks for writing in. What is helping your car start is not the pumping of the gas, but the added oxygen when you open the throttle. The purge valve may be leaking excess fumes from the fuel tank when you are refueling. The excessive fumes may be leaking past the purge valve that is only opened when cruising above idle and should not let fumes into the engine when it is closed. Have the valve tested for leakage and replace it. Until it can be tested and replaced, you may be able to hold the throttle wide open to start it after refueling. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. When I'm getting gas, car won't start unless I pump the gas.