Q: When I accelerate I hear a chirping noise come from under neath the back seat area of my truck

When I accelerate I hear a chirping like noise coming from what sounds like the rear of my truck. It doesn’t do it when I’m going a steady speed or idling, only when I slowly accelerate

Hi Elijah. Thanks for sending your question to us today. If you are hearing a noise from under the seat area of your pickup upon initial acceleration, it’s likely coming from the output shaft coupler or the yoke of the rear differential. When you first place the vehicle in gear and start to accelerate, a loose coupler can make a squeaking or ’chirping’ type of noise until it gets going. Sometimes it’s due to old lubricants, while in other instances, it’s an indication of worn bushings or bearings. It’s also possible that the noise is coming from a suspension component as well. It’s always best to have a professional mechanic complete an on-site noise inspection to attempt to replicate the symptom, which makes it much easier to diagnose.

3. When I accelerate I hear a chirping noise come from under neath the back seat area of my truck