Q: Q: Wheel bearing replacement

I have an inspiration done with YourMehanic and I was told my rear bearing has to be replace. However, I want to buy my own part because it is cheaper. I don't care about the quality, the only thing I want is cheaper price because I won't be keeping this car for long (6~8 months tops). However, my question is, should I buy the whole bearing assembly, or only a bearing itself for my next appointment with you guys? Thank you

Hi...the rear bearing in your application is only available as an integral part of the unitized hub assembly. The wheel bearing is contained within that assembly and there is no way to replace the bearing apart from replacing the whole assembly. So, you need the entire "unitized hub assembly" as depicted in this hub assembly photo. To schedule the bearing replacement, simply request united hub assembly replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this installed for you promptly. When reviewing your quote online, open the “price breakdown” tab, and click on “parts options.” From there, you can choose to remove all the parts from your quote if you are supplying your own hub assembly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: Wheel bearing replacement