Q: Wheel adapter sizing

I have a 1984 5 lug ford ranger and i just bought wheels from a 5lug PT Crusier to put on the ranger what size adapter will i need for the ranger so that it will fit the smaller 5lug size on the new wheels?

A: You will need to adapt from the Rangers 5x4...

You will need to adapt from the Rangers 5x4.5in. pattern to the new pattern on 5x100mm which is about 3.9 inches. This should allow you to bolt the new wheel to the vehicle if you can find the right adapter. Consult a local appearance shop on the modifications you are making to ensure they are safe.