Q: what would cause my transmission oil pan to fail and expell the entire contents of oil?

I was driving along and made a right turn and the oil from my transmission was expelled on the roadway.

A: The only way something like this can happen...

The only way something like this can happen is for the pan to get damaged or the front input seal to blow out, causing it to pump out all the fluid through the bell housing. If you’d like to have this fixed, contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the source of the leak and help you fix it accordingly.