Q: What should i check before replacing the ABS module

asked by on December 28, 2016

Bought a tahoe. The abs and parking brake light come on after driving a few miles and stay on. There are no issues with braking just the warning lights lights. Shows error code C0265 Electronic Brake Control Module Motor Relay Circuit. The internet told me the ABS control module is faulty. I removed the ABS module Re-soldered the conections inside and replaced it but this did not solve the lights coming on. Is there anything else i should check or do before buying a new Dorman ABS control module to replace the old one?

ABS Speed Sensor Replacement $103.84 - $582.33 Get a Quote

Hello There, It sounds like you may have some faulty wheel speed sensors that may be causing the ABS light to come on. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.