Q: what needs to be done when the dic reads transmission hot idle engine

after driving a while say approximately an hour about 40-60 mph my DIC reads transmission hot idle engine, what do I have to do correct this matter so I will no longer get this message or repair.

You may be having a legitamate transmission problem. I would first recommend ensuring that the transmission fluid level is full. If the fluid level is low, this can cause the transmission to overheat. Otherwise, I would recommend having your transmission inspected to determine what possible damages may exist and have them resolved as soon as possible.

• what needs to be done when the dic reads transmission hot idle engine