Q: What is wrong with my car and how can I fix it? I know the gear is slipping but I don't know how to resolve it

Your issue or question

Everytime I drive my car the gear tends to slip alot after 3,000rpm and it's the worst when I first start it, like it's to the point where I can't even get out of a parking space bc it doesn't catch the gear with enough power to move it. I just recently changed the transmission fluid because I thought it would fix it but it has yet to work properly

When your internal transmission clutches start to slip from excessive wear then the only way to fix the problem is to rebuild or replace the transmission. Each gear may slip differently and some gears may not slip at all. Servicing a vehicle that is already slipping will most times make it worse and the slipping will progress until the vehicle will not move at all. Have the transmission rebuilt or replaced.

• What is wrong with my car and how can I fix it? I know the gear is slipping but I don't know how to resolve it