Q: What does it mean if your pcv valve is only pushing air out?

I can't figure out why its only pushing air out in both of the locations where the two valves are at.

The engine valve cover has two vents for the crankcase to vent combustion gases. In one hole you should have a PCV valve and a hose or two attached. The big hose goes to the intake manifold and the small hose will go to the fuel tank purge control valve. The second valve cover vent will go to the air cleaner. If you pull out the PVC out of the valve cover with the engine running, you should get the vacuum on the PCV valve when you put your finger on the bottom of the PCV valve.

If you see a lot of smoke puffing out of the valve cover with the valve removed, then you may have an engine compression leakage problem at the piston rings and a compression test will need to be done to identify if it does. If you need help checking the engine out, I recommend getting the car inspected by a certified technician.

3. What does it mean if your pcv valve is only pushing air out?