Q: What do the various gauges on the dash do?

What do the various gauges on the dash do?

3. What do the various gauges on the dash do?

Q: My car will crank but not start - 2003 Honda Civic

A number of components can cause a crank/no start condition. The engine control unit (ECU) is going be the first place to look for engine rotation. If the crankshaft/engine speed sensor is faulty, the ECU will not send a signal...

Q: Why does my temp gauge read high before car is even started been sittin for bout 3 weeks without a battery

On some vehicles, the instrument cluster may do a sweep on start-up as a way for the computer to check operation. If the temperature gauge goes to the high mark and stays there, you may have a malfunctioning engine coolant...

Q: Stalling at red lights, and sputters sometimes when I press the gas.

This may be a sign of a failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. This valve is controlled by the...