Q: what could cause your brakes to not stop if you have new brake shoes, pads, and have bled the brake line to master cylinder?

I had the brake pad and shoes changed, the rotors were borderline to be rotated, bled the brake line all the way to the master. Still having a problem stopping, you can push on the brake petal as hard as you want to and you will barely stop. Also, the front right is shaking no mattert what speed and replaced the hub assembly, but that wasn't the problem. Someone metioned that it was the inner tie rod end. Your answer back will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi there. Typically when you experience braking issues as you’ve described shortly after replacing pads and rear shoes, the problem is typically caused by a brake caliper or master cylinder problem. However, it could also be due to an installation failure as well. When you put your pad on, you have to push back the brake calipers. When you pushed back the calipers, did you open the bleeder when you did? If you did not, all the fluid were pushed back toward the brake master cylinder and you have to pump up your brakes. When this is done, you should of only used short strokes on the brake pedal and not cycle it to the floor, up and down, until the pedal gets hard. This may have caused the master cylinder to get a torn internal piston cup. A certified mechanic will have to flush out the master cylinder and brake system and if that does not fix it then the master cylinder will have to be replaced.

3. what could cause your brakes to not stop if you have new brake shoes, pads, and have bled the brake line to master cylinder?