Q: What could be bent after being towed backwards?

My daughter drove my 2005 Grand Am down a low maintenance dirt road and got stuck in a huge mud hole. The only vehicle that could tow it out was a road grater. It was pulled out backwards. Now the back tires are wearing out within 20 miles. By wearing out I mean they are worn to the point the blow out! The car was great until this happened. I don't know what they wrapped the chain around. I just know we bought 2 pair of tires for the back after the original 2 blew. Six tires in less than a week. It's the inside of the tire. Almost looks shredded.

If a vehicle hits something, or is damaged in recovery (towing), almost any part of the suspension can be bent or broken. In your circumstance, inasmuch as the tire wear is so extreme a mere visual inspection of the suspension might be enough to pinpoint at least the major compromised parts. The abnormal tire wear pattern will also indicate what is out in terms of wheel alignment, that is toe versus camber, etc. If you want the broken parts identified and replaced, the recommended service is a tire, suspension, and alignment inspection. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will examine the vehicle and get the issue identified for you and estimate the repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.