Q: my car make rattling noise ,feel like it stops and goes,while driving, and now displays "check engine"

asked by on February 26, 2017

Hi,my car makes rattleing noise, and feel like it goes and stops while driving, and now displays "check engine" What can it be.

Inasmuch as the check engine light has illuminated, diagnostic trouble codes have been stored in your car’s engine computer (PCM) and those codes, once downloaded, will probably reveal at least the general cause of the problem you are having. If you request a check engine light diagnostic a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the specific diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, component and the like) are then carefully tested, based on specifications set forth in your car’s Factory Service Manual, to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.