Q: What are some of the major repairs that have been done on this vehicle and do all repairs have to be done by a specific mechanic?

I am looking to get a Volkswagen Routan and it seems to be in great shape! It is a 2011 and My only concern or hold back on buying it is because it is a Volkswagen. I know that it was made by Chrysler and I was told that it would not cost more on repairs like other Volkswagen. I want to make sure that If i get this mini van that I will be able to take it to any mechanic and not just the dealership to get it fixed. Does this make sense? I just don't want to buy a van that will be to much to repair if things go wrong.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi there: This Volkswagen is not impacted ...

Hi there:

This Volkswagen is not impacted by the recent issues you’ve heard of in regards to the emissions control manipulation. Those were TDI’s (turbo diesel) vehicles from 2009 till 2014 production; not the Routan gasoline powered van. It’s a fairly good vehicle that can be serviced by any professional mobile mechanic; including our team from YourMechanic.com. Before you purchase it however, you might want to have a pre purchase inspection completed.