Q: What are some of the major repairs that have been done on this vehicle and do all repairs have to be done by a specific mechanic?

I am looking to get a Volkswagen Routan and it seems to be in great shape! It is a 2011 and My only concern or hold back on buying it is because it is a Volkswagen. I know that it was made by Chrysler and I was told that it would not cost more on repairs like other Volkswagen. I want to make sure that If i get this mini van that I will be able to take it to any mechanic and not just the dealership to get it fixed. Does this make sense? I just don't want to buy a van that will be to much to repair if things go wrong.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

3. What are some of the major repairs that have been done on this vehicle and do all repairs have to be done by a specific mechanic?