Q: Weird electrical issues

Yesterday my car broke down. It lost power while driving. Since the gas gague has always been broken/faulty, I assumed it was out of gas. Got gas and it still wouldn't start. Mechanic friend was there and played around with it. Couldn't hear fuel pump kick on with many key turns. Switched around some electrical relays and still couldn't start it. Was told it may be fuel pump. Got it towed home. wouldn't unlock...manually. It made a weird clicking sound when key is turned. So I called a lock smith (needed things in car) and got it open...lock buttons won't work either and key won't re lock it. I asked lock guy for a jump to test my suspicion of electrical problems. Jump started it and it came on....but then died 30 seconds later. That tells me it's not the fuel pump or battery....but something weird is happening electrically.

A: The vehicle you have has problems with fret...

The vehicle you have has problems with fretting corrosion in the connections of various modules throughout the vehicle. The problem module connectors should be disconnected, and a dielectric compound put in the connectors to stop the corrosion. The problem is very intermittent and only a search and find of each possible module connector should be done.

An inspection of your starting issues by a mobile mechanic in light of this information is a good place to start.