Q: Water and sound

i'm looking into buying a vehicle from someone but they say that the truck leaks water and makes a clicking sound? And idk what that could be, i'm thinking either the radiator or water pump.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

It is impossible to fully diagnose the issue with the information given. With the water pump being driven by the drive belt, if there was a fault that caused it to leak, the drive belt may make a clicking noise in relation to the issue at hand. Running the vehicle and tracing the water/coolant leak is the only way one can truly find the source of both problems. Water or coolant leaks can come from a variety of different components. There are also a lot of moving parts and non moving parts that can cause a ticking noise. The water pump is a good place to start if you think the two issues are related. Otherwise, try to trace the water leak, from wherever you see it. Attempt to hone in on the ticking noise and see what is there that may be the cause. YourMechanic also offers pre-purchase inspections, which allows a mechanic to come to where the car is located, and perform a thorough inspection to make sure you are getting the best deal.

3. Water and sound