Q: Was blowing smoke, bluish white smoke, heavy

Car had oil added, started blowing white smoke and had a whine when stopping. Whine has disappeared and the smoke seems to have stopped, but after sitting for 3+ hours in 70 degree weather, when started the smoke returns, kinda grayish and very heavy. Whine is not present. No idea what to even look for.

Hi there. In most cases, when white smoke blows out of the tail pipe, it’s an indicator of coolant being in the oil and lubrication system. It’s typically caused by a blown head gasket, which could also lead to significant engine damage. It’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a smoke is coming from exhaust inspection so they can verify the source of the smoke and recommend the appropriate repairs.

3. Was blowing smoke, bluish white smoke, heavy