Q: warning lights changing tire

I was changing the tire while the car was running. The check engine light, ABS light and air suspension light came on. Do you know why? I something wrong with my car?

On vehicles with air suspension, the air suspension should be turned off prior to any jacking or lifting of any kind. This is what caused your warning lights to come on.

The vehicle thought that the corner of the vehicle that your were changing the tire on had traveled well beyond its normal distance of travel and therefore the air suspension tries to compensate by airing up the air bag to the fullest extent that it can. This will often blow out the air bags, causing them to leak air. This would be the cause of the check air suspension warning and other warning lights that were illuminated on your vehicle.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose the illuminated warning lights firsthand and fix them accordingly