Hi, I'm having an issue with my VW polo 6r whereby my coo...

Hi, I'm having an issue with my VW polo 6r whereby my coolant is draining quickly even in a\*\*\*\*\*I can see the temperature sign appearing on my dashboard After checking the coolant level it went above the maximum after I stopp...

Hi, I'm having an issue with my VW polo 6r whereby my coolant is draining quickly even in a\*\*\*\*\*I can see the temperature sign appearing on my dashboard After checking the coolant level it went above the maximum after I stopped 15 mins later all coolants were drained from the tank Any help on that? Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the VW? How has your mileage been lately? At around 60000 miles Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Polo? 2011 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Polo yourself? What have you tried so far? No I haven't yet. I'll probably bring it to a mechanic later on. no experience on these Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Any information on how to solve these would be much appreciated

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to Just Answer My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I've been an automotive engineer since 1996 and together we're going to solve this issue. I understand that having your trusted vehicle let you down can be frustrating as it rarely occurs at a convenient time, however I will do my best to either help you make the repairs yourself or at least understand the issue so you know what is involved. 1st thing to check is for any split coolant hoses or loose clips on the cooling system and tighten things up / replace the hoses as required if its nothing obvious then next check the radiator as if you have a tiny pinhole leak in a radiator then these often don't leak water but will lose water as steam ( steam molecules being small enough to pass through the hole where liquid cannot) take a look on the rad for any signs of localised corrosion and for areas that look like they've been 'steam cleaned'. If all of this is OK it may be worth replacing the header tank cap as again you can lose coolant as steam if this is blowing off too early ( the cap should hold pressure of around 1Bar) and lastly the other thing to try is a head gasket / block test kit as these take a coolant sample and analyse it for any signs of combustion gas - if present this would indicate the head gasket is on its way out http://www.uktools.com/block-tester-p-12508.html and as a fix for internal leaks I’ve found this product works very well, without clogging heater matrixe’s http://www.kalimex.co.uk/our-products/k-seal it doesn’t last forever though
Automotive Expert
Hello Do you still need help ? As I’ve provided an answer based on the information you’ve provided, but I am still willing to help further if required. If you would like to follow up with more information which would help me provide more detail then please do so. My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and hopefully I've helped today. If my advice was helpful please leave an appropriate rating Rating does not close a post. Please understand I do not work for Just Answer, I work for you and am only paid by you. You are rating me and my advice, not the website and a bad news answer should not result in a negative rating. Thanks Matt

Hi my apologies for the delay, the mechanic was still doing some diagnostic on my car. It appears that the coolant sensor isn't working properly as well as coolant is not flowing properly on my car. the parts are going to be replaced and from there on I'll be able to know if there are some other faults. Hopefully that's the only issue. Thanks for your precious info. I'll get back to you if I need anything. Thanks, Haashim
Automotive Expert
No problem Hasshim just get back to me on here