Q: Ventilation system seems to have some issues

Hey there. As you probably can see I have a 2003 Grand Marquis. Currently the air is working, however, the air is only coming out of the defrost front ventilation fans and the floor fans. On top of this, the a/c is currently not functional and I have double checked coolant levels to insure that's not the issue. I would like some guidance as to what may cause this or what might be the root cause of the error. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nathaniel

Hello. It sounds like you have two separate issues going on here. The vent issue comes from the lack of engine vacuum making it to the interior control system. Most of the time this is as simple as finding the faulty hose or valve under the hood.

As for the AC, this can be caused by a number of things so the system pressures needs to be checked first and then a full diagnosis would need to be done to see if the issue is as simple as low refrigerant or an electrical issue. If you are planning on having your AC system repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your AC system and advise you on repairs.