Q: Vehicle slightly trembles in idle, just started today.

I recently had my spark plugs replaced, replaced my radiator, had a belt replaced, an oil change, and had my head gaskets replaced. Today I noticed that my car slightly trembles while in idle. I've also noticed my car losing power when going uphill, it lags big time. Also, my check engine light came on a couple of days ago, and got a code. The code was for a small exhaust leak, and the clerk told me it shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping it's just a loose spark plug? Someone help!

This may be a result of a faulty oxygen sensor. As you may know the oxygen sensors which are part of your emissions system read exhaust gases to determine whether or not the appropriate amount of oxygen is present in the exhaust. Based upon this reading, this information is relayed to the car’s ECU which then makes a determination as to whether or not to add more or less fuel to the engine. When too much or too little oxygen is present, this will cause check engine light to come on. Too much oxygen may be present in the exhaust gas due to things like an exhaust leak, a vacuum leak, a faulty mass air flow sensor (causing a lean fuel condition) or faulty fuel injectors. Too little oxygen may be present in the exhaust gas may be caused by things like a clogged air filter, a failing mass air flow sensor (causing too much fuel to be introduced to the motor), bad fuel injectors or a clogged catalytic converter. When the O2 sensor is not working properly, this will cause false readings to be relayed to the computer causing inaccurate adjustments to be made to the intake and fuel system in your engine. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your emissions system.

3. Vehicle slightly trembles in idle, just started today.