Q: Van stalled after filling gas tank which had been low in fuel (on red line but no light) and then it was OK about 15 minutes later

This is the original fuel pump. Is this an early sign that the fuel pump should be replaced? Van had not been used for past three days and it sat in the very cold below zero temperatures that we had in Milwaukee. Family all piled in to drive to Kenosha, WI for a family gathering on Christmas. This is my wife's car. I noticed we needed gas and drove to gas station about two miles away, so engine did not warm up that much. Filled gas tank full and as soon as we pulled out I noticed the van chugging and watched the tachometer as it went up and down by itself. It finally had no power at all but did not shut off. I pulled over and shut it off. The oil light had come on. I checked all fuel levels and serpentine belt; all good. Started it up and same thing; pushed on gas and no power, engine shut off. Waited 15 minutes and all was good. But, I did not want to take a chance so we drove it home and took different vehicle. Should I replace the fuel pump at $500 installed cost?

3. Van stalled after filling gas tank which had been low in fuel (on red line but no light) and then it was OK about 15 minutes later