Q: Two pieces of exhaust separated

Two pieces of my exhaust separated and this shop is trying to charge me $400 because they said they want to replace all the nuts and bolts on the whole exhaust so they want to take the whole thing apart and just put it back together. Should I do that or just replace the two nuts/bolts and gasket that I lost

Without actually seeing the vehicle, it is hard to determine if the replacement of the bolt are needed or suggested. They may want to change them all to prevent future failures. If they can justify as to why all the bolts need to be removed and replaced, then consider it. Otherwise I would replace only the ones that are needed to reattach the exhaust.

If you would like a second opinion, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to take a assess the condition of your exhaust system and determine what is needed for a safe and reliable repair.