Q: Turn selector switch to 2 Wheel Dr. and it stays in four-wheel-drive and then yellow light comes on on the dash and says service

Turn selector switch on from four-wheel-drive to 2 Will Dr. but it stays in four-wheel-drive then yellow light comes on on the dash and says service four-wheel-drive

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is equipped with an electric transfer case, in which something has gone wrong. The fact your are stuck in 4WD, is because the computers programming demands the system shuts down during this time. You will want to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes to find out what about the system is failing. The codes can be removed to try and temporarily switch back to 2WD. Be careful with this, as shutting down the system when there is a fault is a safety matter. For more help with diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Turn selector switch to 2 Wheel Dr. and it stays in four-wheel-drive and then yellow light comes on on the dash and says service