Q: Recently replaced ABS control module and when we went down the mountain on 40 towards Old Fort, it vibrated HORRIBLY.

asked by on July 08, 2017

ABS control module recently replaced. No issues until we went "down the mountain" from Asheville. It is a pretty steep grade and for 6 miles, I believe. The front of the van, when the brakes were applied, shook so bad I had to downshift the transmission and use the emergency brake just so I didn't have to use the brakes as much. I've had some clunkers in my day so it takes more than a little shaking to worry me, but I honestly thought something was going to break. Could it be the new control module? The mechanic said it had to be programmed after installation.

The new module will need to be programmed with the vehicle it is installed on. The vibration is from the anti lock brakes activating when they should not be. You may also have a defective wheel sensor causing the problem and ABS should be scanned and tested.