Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1opuwpcjs:173:8

Q: Key won't start ignition - 2006 Honda Civic

I insert my key to the ignition n it's won't turn or start my car. My husband accidentally turn the wheel to far left n lock the steering wheel. Did everything to try to unlock the wheel but nothing help. I'm not sure if it's the cylinder but please help me.

A: Usually, when the steering wheel is turned ...

Usually, when the steering wheel is turned to one direction, locked, it won't turn and neither will the key, the steering wheel is just jammed.

To release it, turn the wheel in the direction that it will move just a little. You just need to take the pressure off the lock mechanism which can be forced by the tension in the front wheels as the car came to rest. While relieving the pressure from the wheels, turn the ignition key and the steering wheel should release. It may take a few tries to get it.

If that doesn't work, there may be a problem with the ignition lock cylinder. It is part of a much more complicated mechanism that controls security, steering wheel lock, lock cylinder and ignition switch operation. In addition, your key could be heavily worn which can be the problem.

If the first technique to release the steering wheel fails, I don't recommend digging into the steering column yourself. It is complicated and requires special tools and experience. Even with the special tools, we technicians usually have some level of guidance when we first begin working on steering columns.

If you are looking for additional help, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the ignition problem so that this can be properly addressed.