Q: Truck starts fine but when I drive the truck for some time and turn it off, it will not start up for a short time

When I drive my truck for a time, I will turn off the truck and then try to start it. It will not start but it will turn over. It may take 15 to 30 minutes to start. Can you help me with this problem?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. In the early 199...

Hi, thanks for writing in. In the early 1990s, many manufacturers started to install and use EVAP canister systems, which are designed to absorb harmful gases from the fuel cell. Over a period of time, the canister will become clogged, which creates a lot of pressure to be stored inside your fuel cell. This pressure is then distributed through the fuel system and can create starting issues after the vehicle has been running for a while. Essentially, it's like vapor lock for modern day vehicles. There could be other issues causing this problem, so you might want to set up an appointment to have one of our mechanics inspect your Nissan pickup. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.