Q: Truck stalls while I'm driving and then dies

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY CAUSE MY VEHICLE TO JUST DIE INTERMITTENTLY? DRIVING AT ALL DIFFERENT SPEEDS IT JUST DIES.

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle dies intermittently while driving, stop put in park and starts after a few tries, could be several possibilities. Assuming the check engine light is not coming on, it could be the computer (PCM-powertrain control module) is not recognizing the fault. It could be an intermittently failing fuel pump relay. An intermittently failing fuel pump may also be to blame. Both of these would result in a loss of fuel pressure.

It might also be due to an intermittently failing MAF (mass airflow sensor) incorrectly calculating the engine incoming air. It could be an intermittently failing PCM relay. It could be, an intermittently failing CKP (crankshaft position sensor). With all of the possibilities and more, I recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, examine why your car dies intermittently dies and restarts.