Q: Truck dying out.

Chevy S-10 pickup just cuts off while going 60 miles an hour. Seems to be idling out when at stop light but does not die every time.Had two sets of ignition coils installed, catalytic converter installed, air condenser replaced, water pump is leaking a little now. Feels like idle is down, and car goes dead. Cranks right up but will die out going 60 on the highway. Suggested might e trash in gas line. Bottle of B12 and a full tank of gas put in... drove it about 50 miles at 65, felt like driving an 18 wheeler, but didn't stop. The next died about 3 times. Today loud popping noise heard, but truck seem to be to driving better after this loud pop? What could be wrong, mechanic says everything checks out good, like compression etc...

A: Hey there. This is a common sign of a faili...

Hey there. This is a common sign of a failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which often times results in the engine starving for air or fuel. This is what causes the hesitation or loss of power you describe. This can also cause the engine to struggle to idle for the same reason. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect the stalling problem and replace this mass airflow sensor if needed.