Q: Truck cranks but, doesnt start?

Truck cranks but doesn't start. I thought it was the fuel pump because I could not hear it turn on anymore so I bought a new on and nothing. I also checked all the fuses and there all good. But for some weird reason we checked for juice the wires that connect with the fuel pump and when they are not connected they have juice but when connected they done hmmmm... So then I checked the fuel trip button and it was pressed down so I looked a little closer and where the wire plugs into the switch box it seems to be burnt. And keep in mind that when I try to start the truck no fuel comes out of the fuel pressure valve any help will be very appreciated thank you!!

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, you may have located the problem. The fuel trip button/inertia switch is the there to disable power to the fuel pump in the event of an accident. The connector being burnt may be the result of a poor electrical connection or high current draw from the original fuel pump and would explain the loss of power when the new fuel pump electrical load is placed on this circuit. Replacing the inertia switch and connector, may resolve the lack of power to the fuel pump. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.