Q: Truck cannot start up sporadically

My truck has sporadic startup difficulties. It would occur several times in a row over several days and then it would run fine for a longer period. It would happen again in the same way and suddenly. It always happened when the temperatures are lower. The truck would crank but couldn't be turned on right away. It takes anywhere from half an hour to several hours for it to start up. Then it would run normally. I had the battery checked and it's good. The issue couldn't be diagnosed as it happens only sporadically and when I took it to the shop, it was perfectly fine. Do you have any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

Firstly, scan the computer to diagnose any codes that may appear. The most common failures for this include the pins and wire connectors which may be loosely fitting or corroded, causing intermittent loss of sensor input to the computer. The repairs will depend on the failure and pin or socket repairs should be completed as required. If you think you need help with this, contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your car firsthand and repair your starting issue at your own convenience.