Q: Truck acting like it's not getting gas. 1987 Chevrolet Blazer

Some times when I start it I have to press the gas to get it to start. Other times the idle will get so low and various that it'll cut off. When I put it into reverse it nearly cuts off or gets really low.

You should have the idle air control valve and throttle body cleaned out if it is gummed up or has an excess buildup of carbon. If cleaning it does not help, then you may have a bad idle valve and need to replace it. Make sure you do not have any vacuum leaks on the engine. If you need help testing the vehicle, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue.