Q: Troubles starting the truck, when it's warmed up

The truck has an automatic transmission. When I attempt to start it up, it turns over but has trouble starting when the engine is warmed up. I have to try several times until it eventually starts. No issues on cold startup. I had the battery replaced along with the starter. What might be causing this?

Hello. It sounds like there could be a problem with the coolant temperature sensor not sending the proper temperature to the PCM. This will prevent the PCM from giving the right amount of fuel when the truck is warm. This will result in the car being hard to start. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete a diagnosis of your vehicle to pinpoint the starting problem and make the necessary repair.

3. Troubles starting the truck, when it's warmed up