Q: I am having transmission issues in my 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche after replacing the rear main seal.

So I decided to pull my 4l60e out of my 2006 chevy avalanche to replace rear main seal. Everything went smooth and when I went to plug the tranny electrical harness back in the clip broke! So I just pushed it on as far as I could. The motor was showing 3-4 codes on my code reader and is super sluggish. I can't even tell what gear I'm in. It's starting out in 2nd or 3rd gear. I went and got another plug and soldered all 13 wires. There were two pink wires that were the same and was not sure which one went to what wire. So I guessed and I think I'm right. Would like to figure out how to check??? Also could I have damaged the shifting solenoids when I drug it out from the truck? I wouldn't think so. The tranny only has 50k on it. I don't want to mess it up. Codes are p0740 p2761 p1810 and p0785. Please help and thanks!

Hello. It sounds like the pins in the transmission female connector may have gotten bent when you pressed the connection back in. From the codes you are getting you are having connection issues. It is hard to see it but you will need to check the pins. If any are damaged then the wiring harness internal to the transmission will need to be replaced. You may need to get some assistance from a transmission specialist with this.

3. I am having transmission issues in my 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche after replacing the rear main seal.