Q: Transmission slipping, jumping, noises

When I back out of the garage, my car feels like it's slipping, or the tires are grabbing the concrete. It also recently started hesitating or "jumping" at traffic lights. THAT problem seemed to go away, but now I'm hearing a sort of helicopter noise that gets louder while I'm speeding up. The mechanic checked the codes and says it's "internal transmission problem." Would problems with the transmission account for all the issues I've been seeing lately?

A: It is possible your transmission is causing...

It is possible your transmission is causing all the issues you have been having. If the valve body in the transmission is not sealing properly you may have an issue with the transmission trying to be in two gears at the same time, or the transaxle internal gears are binding when you first start to move the vehicle. It's also possible the problems are with the brakes and not the transmission at all. The brakes may be grabbing and causing the symptoms you describe. I would suggest having a mechanic come and look at your vehicle and drive it the first thing in the morning so they can see and feel exactly what it is doing. This will help in the diagnosis. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can provide this inspection at your home or office.