Q: Transmission not performing well at all

Last year I went out and bought the new Jeep Cherokee. I got a 2014 model and I was pretty happy with it for the first 12,000 miles or so. The out of nowhere is feels like the transmission isn’t connecting the engine to the wheels, if that makes any sense. It is an automatic and once I am at highway speed the accelerator would be way less effective. What would cause this normally, or is this car a lemon for sure?

The transmission in your vehicle shifts according to a program set by your Jeep’s transmission and engine control modules. These programs need to smoothly shift your transmission regardless of your driving conditions. The manufacture tries to program each condition but due to human error they sometimes miss some. This is why they have to reprogram and modify these vehicles occasionally. Your Jeep has had more than three recalls to reprogram the transmission and engine modules and the latest recall is RC-R01-15 dated April 16,2015. Call your dealer and setup an appointment to have any recalls done that relate to your vehicle. The reprograming is a simple process and if successful, your transmission should shift normally again.

3. Transmission not performing well at all