Q: Q: transmission fluid leaking

Transmission place told me front seal is leaking and should replace whole transmission. What is your opinion on that option?

If your front seal is leaking transmission fluid, this does not at all mean that the whole transmission needs to be replaced, especially not with only 102k on the vehicle.

This would mean that either the engine or transmission would need to be removed in order to access the front seal for replacement. If this service must be done to your vehicle, it is a good idea to go ahead and have the rear main seal on the engine replaced as well since the same labor is required to access that.

I would also recommend taking your vehicle to a different location for this repair due to the fact that it seems the shop you took it to may be fishing for extra dollars.

Just to reinforce what was said, the transmission does NOT necessarily have to be replaced just because it is leaking transmission fluid.

3. Q: transmission fluid leaking