Q: Timing belt nightmare

Hello so I got this vehicle into work on found out had a leaky water pump change the water-pump sequence 2 cams mind up the marks or they're supposed to be in sequence lined up the time and work down on the bottom line up all marks on the belt with corresponding green marks on cam police and bottom pulley engine fires up runs rough off idle when you give it feel it backfires through the intake coil packs are good only spark plugs it ran just fine when it came in before changing the water pump

Hi. It sounds like the engine timing is not properly set causing the car to run rough. If the timing of the engine is off by one or two degrees it will run rough and have a lack of power during acceleration. Another thing that also should be checked is a disconnected sensor or broken sensor. This could also cause a drivability issue in the car. I suggest you have a certified tech from yourmechanic come inspect your timing belt and any other sensors that could cause this problem.

3. Timing belt nightmare