Q: TIMING BELT CHANGE

I BOUGHT A USED SUBARU FORESTER. I DONT HAVE RECORDS OF MAINTENANCE. IS THERE ANY WAY TO TELL IF THE TIMING BELT/OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE SELLER TOLD ME IT HAS BEEN BUT I NEED TO MAKE CERTAIN TO AVOID MAJOR PROBLEMS DOWN THE RD. THE CAR DRIVES FINE. THNX

A: Hi there: If the vehicle was serviced by d...

Hi there:

If the vehicle was serviced by dealerships, then pulling a VIN report from the dealership should tell you what service has been completed. However, it’s hard to know for sure if service has been completed on a belt without having a professional mechanic complete a pre-purchase car inspection. Although you’ve recently bought the car, you might want to have one of our professional mobile mechanics complete this inspection to verify the condition of your car.