Q: TIMING BELT CHANGE

I BOUGHT A USED SUBARU FORESTER. I DONT HAVE RECORDS OF MAINTENANCE. IS THERE ANY WAY TO TELL IF THE TIMING BELT/OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT HAS BEEN REPLACED. THE SELLER TOLD ME IT HAS BEEN BUT I NEED TO MAKE CERTAIN TO AVOID MAJOR PROBLEMS DOWN THE RD. THE CAR DRIVES FINE. THNX

Hi there:

If the vehicle was serviced by dealerships, then pulling a VIN report from the dealership should tell you what service has been completed. However, it’s hard to know for sure if service has been completed on a belt without having a professional mechanic complete a pre-purchase car inspection. Although you’ve recently bought the car, you might want to have one of our professional mobile mechanics complete this inspection to verify the condition of your car.

3. TIMING BELT CHANGE