Q: Time and mileage reset when ignition is turned on after been turned off

When I turn off the ignition, the clock and the mileage both reset in my truck. What will fix this?

Both of these items receive battery power, when the key is turned off by the dome fuse. The dome fuse is a 10A fuse located in the engine compartment fuse box. This power supply is the only common link between these 2 functions, aside from a junction connector, where the various power splits to the instrument cluster and the clock. The wiring and the junction connector would need to traced and checked if the fuse is intact. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, if the problem becomes difficult to track down as they will have the equipment and expertise to inspect your fuse and battery.

• Time and mileage reset when ignition is turned on after been turned off