Q: thumping noise on front passenger side of 2008 kia spectra

thumping noise on front passenger side of 2008 kia spectra

First thing to check is the condition of the tires. Make sure nothing is lodged in the tread that can cause a thumping as well as the overall condition of the tires. A broken/shifted belt in a tire can cause it to be out of round and almost egg-shaped. That can also cause a noise in some instances. Another source can be the wheel bearings being worn. brakes can also be the cause even if the noise happens when the brakes are not applied. A warped rotor can make contact even when the brakes are not applied and in rare instances, I have seen irregular hard spots in brake rotors that occurred during the casting of the rotors. A certified technician can inspect the vehicle for noises and isolate the exact cause for you.