Q: Throttle Body needs replacing, is cardone re-manufactured 'better' than a 'new' throttle body

asked by on November 08, 2016

I've done the research on the install. My question is if a Cardone re-manufactured throttle body is 'better' than a 'new' throttle body.

Do they use better parts and upgrade so it won't fail? the 'new' one from wrench-monkey Canada tells me its 10$ cheaper and they only have 'new' one and not the Cardone one I tried to order. They're sending me the new one, will the problem I'm having most likely happen again...I'm assuming its considering 'stock'.

Thanks for your time + knowledge input

When it comes to remanufactured or brand new you are better off in most cases with the new one. The reason the company did not have the remanufactured one in stock is due to there has not been enough old cores returned to get rebuilt yet or the remanufactured part is in short supply. When it comes to getting a new or remanufactured part I have seen mixed results. The remanufactured one rebuilds an old throttle body using the base housing and installing all new parts in to it. The replacement parts will have to meet or exceed the manufacturers part performance and specifications. Just remember that if the manufacturer identified a product problem and changed the unit specification the dealer will get the new designed part before the aftermarket companies will and you may get old stock on the aftermarket where a dealer will only sell the newer part. If it was myself I would only use a factory new throttle body on this car. It may cost more but at least I would know I would get a new quality part with any last minute changes to product.