Q: there is sediment and rust on the dipstick.

Considering buying a used 2013 jetta. Pulled out the dipstick to find sediment and rust on the dipstick.

A: The oil dipstick may get moisture rust dama...

The oil dipstick may get moisture rust damage on them which is normal. Make sure you check the engine by opening the oil cap and looking inside. If you see the same rust and milky looking oil, then there was a problem with water in the oil and you may have a blown head gasket problem. I do not think you will have a problem if it is just the top part of the dip stick. If you are serious about buying this car, your best bet would to be to have a trained professional give the car a pre-purchase inspection in order to get a clear picture of the car’s condition and protect yourself against any surprise issues that could arise.