Q: There is no visible leak in radiator. But daily I have to pour 100ml coolant in radiator. Gasket also recently changed...

My car radiator drinks coolant daily. But there is no leaks in radiator and in hoses. Even I have changed my Head gasket recently. Can u pls give me tips. What is the problem?

A: If you have to keep adding coolant daily an...

If you have to keep adding coolant daily and there are no external leaks, the only place for the coolant to go is in the engine. Check the oil to see if the oil is getting milky (looking like chocolate milk) indicating water is in the oil. If that is okay then the only other place is for the coolant to go into the combustion chamber. You stated you changed the head gasket. If your engine has overheated before and the head gasket blew, then you may have also cracked the cylinder head. Most of the time the head will crack between the valves in a coolant jacket, and if you did not have the head pressure tested, this may be the problem now. You can have the cooling system pressure tested and see if coolant gets into one of the engine cylinders. This is done by removing all the spark plugs and pressure testing until it loses pressure, then cranking the engine. Coolant will blow out of the cylinder that has a crack. If this is the problem then a replacement head will be needed.

I suggest you have this issue inspected by a qualified mechanic. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can visit your home or office to inspect your vehicle’s coolant issues.