Check engine light on v6-3.2l cherokee check engine light...

Q: Check engine light on

asked by on July 19, 2016

My jeep turns off after it is driven has happen a couple times. I have been told my battery and alternator also starter is fine but it may be a electrical issue or fuse. Can u please help me.

Hi there. Since the Check Engine Light is on then the computer needs to be scanned for codes first. I usually do this before going any further with it. This can be caused by any number of sensors on the engine or it can be a failing throttle body. Both are common issues. The most common problem I see on this vehicle is the ignition switch failing. This should be tested also if the scan does not show anything. If you are going to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light.