Q: There is a strange slip in the engine

if I press the gas pedal aggressively when starting or while driving there is NO issue. The "slip" occurs when I push the gas pedal slightly, particularly when traveling 20 to 50mph. Example: driving on highway. Traveling 55mph, if I put minimal pressure on gas pedal, the slip will occur. If I accelerate by pushing it down harder, no slip occurs. The slip feels like the car wants to go, but it "drops several times quickly or" doesn't respond well. Then if I push hard, it takes off fine. HELP

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of a vehicle. The sensor is usually located on the butterfly spindle/shaft so that it can directly monitor the position of the throttle.

This sensor relays the position of the throttle plate (also called the butterfly) relative to your foot’s position on the gas pedal and associates the two in the ECU. The ECU then allows for a supply of more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal.

I would suggest having a professional mechanic, such as one from Your Mechanic, perform a diagnosis and replace the throttle position sensor if necessary.

3. There is a strange slip in the engine