Q: The windshield wipers won't work with car started.

They work when the car is on one or two but won't once the car is fully started. Also a few days ago the car wouldn't start the battery light was and it would make a clicking noise now it starts do you know what that noise might have been
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: It sounds like you may have a weak battery ...

It sounds like you may have a weak battery producing a weak current when trying to start the vehicle. This may be caused by the battery itself being weak or potentially by a failing alternator not charging the battery properly. This would cause the battery light to come on and may produce a clicking sound if the battery is too weak to cause the starter to fully engage the flywheel and turn the motor over. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and test your battery.