Q: The VSA (!) light is on, engine light flashing, and it feels like the motor or car is shaking.

The VSA (!) light is on, engine light flashing, and it feels like the motor or car is shaking. When I start the Jeep it takes a second for the engine light to come on and the VSA (!). If I try to pull off the engine light starts flashing. I'm so nervous to find out what's going on and scared to drive it. It's the weekend and a holiday Monday, so I have to wait to get it towed to a shop. I'm just curious if you can give me an idea of what can be wrong. Is my engine about to blow?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The VSA (vehicle stability control) warning light is telling you there is an issue detected with the system. The vehicle should be driven as minimally as possible. The issue may be directly related to the VSA system, or it may be related to one of the input sensors. The easiest way to help determine the problem is to scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes. They will point you in the right direction. Your owner’s manual will also have more information about the system. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department.

3. The VSA (!) light is on, engine light flashing, and it feels like the motor or car is shaking.